Monday, October 22, 2012

Challenge Site - Sketches With A Twist

Now my next place to visit is a site called "Sketches With A Twist".  Run by the lovely Kim Kendell this site has some talented ladies creating not just from a sketch but with an added 'twist'.  The idea is to make the sketch a little more challenging by adding a 'twist' such as with this months challenge where  you need to use stars in one way or another on the layout.

October Sketch 


I loved looking at the earlier layouts - which is easy to see on the page on the right hand side.  There are also a good range of DT members who help give inspiration and there is a card example every month as well.  There is a forum that you can join if you want to chat about the challenge.  The challenge goes up at the beginning of the month and closes at the end of the month with the winner being announced on the 5th of each month.  In September there was a fantastic prize of a $50 voucher  - a great way to add to the stash!

Here is the story behind Sketches With A Twist from Kim Kendell


Sketches With a Twist (SWAT)

I decided after doing 2 terms as a designer for Sketchabilities, an overseas site, that I would like to do a sketch site that was Australian based and set out to create a challenge site that was friendly and inviting. I also wanted it to be a bit different which is why I added the Twist.

I have selected a sketch designer who I felt would offer simple but yet also challenging sketches with lots of variety to enable all levels of scrapper to participate I then select my designers and believe they all offer different and very inspiring designs. The Design team select the twist each month for the sketch.

The site is a blog but I also have a forum linked to the site so that members can chat with the designers and each other.

I was very lucky to pick up to very good sponsors in Scrapping Clearly and The Scrapbooking Hut  who both generously donate an awesome prize each month and also occasionally have a one of sponsor like last month with Scrapping Outback who very generously gave a $50.00 voucher



And a sample of the DT Versions for this months Sketch!



 Created by Dani May


 
 
Created by Laurie LaRiviere
 
 
 
Created by Julianne McKenna-De Lumen - Sketch Designer
 
        

So make sure you drop over - the handy way to follow the site is to use the Network Blogs or the Google Friend Connect buttons (just like Paper with Attitude has over on the right hand side).

If you do enter their challenge make sure you let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment